A productive workforce is essential to an organization’s success, but hiring can be time-consuming. Hiring managers are faced with countless resumes, and sifting through them to find the ideal candidate can be pretty tedious.
After sorting and reviewing, they collaborate with team heads to screen and interview qualified candidates before onboarding. But, of course, all of that takes time.
Meanwhile, there has to be a constant flow of communication between everyone involved through emails, offer letters, etc., throughout the hiring process.
Recruiting tools offer an efficient way to ease up and automate much of the entire process for hiring employees easier to acquire talents best suited for your needs quickly.
Most recruiting tools address applicant tracking, recruitment marketing, job opening, scheduling, candidate sourcing, and more.
But with numerous hiring tools out there, how do you determine which one to invest in?
We have reviewed and compiled the 13 best HR recruiting software to leverage to save your time and energy.
Best HR Recruiting Software Tools
- Breezy HR
- Zoho Recruit
- Recruiter Flow
- Bamboo HR
Although Breezy HR doesn’t sit right as an all-in-one HR software, it does have a place as one of the best HR recruiting software you can find. One of its most great selling points is that it is small business-friendly.
That means small business owners can easily hire the required talents they need to grow their businesses while focusing on improving their products and services.
Breezy HR posts to various job boards sites and integrates seamlessly with top HR platforms such as BambooHR.
- Can create a visually pleasing careers page for your website
- It sorts through candidates with a Kanban-style view
- Evaluate candidates using scorecards
- Reporting and analytics
- Offer letters, Email, and SMS scheduling
- Built-in scheduling links
- Team collaboration
- Request background checks
- Custom hiring
- Although connoted as a Human Resources Management tool, you cannot use breezy HR to manage hired candidates unless it’s integrated with other HR software.
- Expensive compared to its top competitors
- Some users complain of bugs
- Customer support isn’t incredible
- Free trial for one member available (just to test how the recruiting tool works)
- Pricing starts at $143/month up to $399/month.
- When you subscribe annually, you get two months for free.
Best for unlimited job listings.
Most of the software in this review list are recruiting tools, but FreshTeam goes beyond that: it is a full-service HR solution with 3,000+ happy customers.
FreshTeam offers recruiting, hiring, onboarding, hiring tracking, candidate relationship management, time-off, a self-service portal, and many other HR functionalities.
- Offers a free branded career website to attract suitable job seekers
- Easily create job postings and schedule them in just a few clicks
- Limits notification to only relevant ones so you don’t miss out on important notifications (when there are too many notifications, you stop paying attention and may miss out on crucial information).
- An applicant tracking system with automatic resume parsing
- Welcome kits
- Self-service employee portal
- The pricing is relatively high for small startups
- Newbies may find it rather tricky to use
- Cannot create jobs in different states other than your location
- Not very intuitive
- FreshTeam is free for up to 50 employees and three job openings, making it an ideal choice for small organizations that hire infrequently.
- Growth plan – $1.20/employee/month + $71 platform fee monthly
- Pro plan – $2.40/employee/month + $119 platform fee monthly
- Enterprise – $4.80/employee/month + $203 platform fee monthly
Best recruiting software for most type of businesses.
Recruitee is a user-friendly applicant tracking software built for recruiting firms and hiring managers alike. It’s a great tool offering a robust solution that internal HR teams need to collaborate with the rest of the organization during the hiring process.
From customizing workflow to reducing hiring costs, Recruitee helps you hire top talents with relative ease.
- Background screening
- Goal tracking
- Applicant tracking
- Resume parsing
- Interview scheduling
- HR management
- Candidate management
- Self-service portal
- It does not integrate with LinkedIn
- No offers
- The limit of job slots in the lower pricing models is quite small compared to the price.
- Launch plan costs €83/month, with 5 job slots minimum. Get 16% off when you pay annually. It offers the most recruiting essentials you need.
- Scale plan costs €291/month, with 10 job slots minimum. 16% off when paid annually. Offers automation and team optimization.
- Lead plan attracts custom pricing, so you’d have to request a quote.
- Free trial available
Best for collaborative hiring teams
Recruiter.com is one of the best recruiting tools you can find in the market today. While helping you save time, the recruiting system enables you to acquire more qualified candidates quicker than when done manually.
Its easy-to-use interface and connection with various job board sites make it an excellent tool for SMB hiring teams to leverage.
- Connects and posts to multiple job board sites
- Searches candidates by keyword
- Applicant tracking
- AI and predictive analysis to find the suitable candidates
- Can customize a recruiting solution tailored to your hiring needs.
- Job postings are not stackable
- Duplicate applicants are not sorted
- Lack of advanced reporting
Recruiter.com does not disclose pricing on the website, so you’d have to request a quote.
Best for busy recruiters
Bambee is HR software for talent acquisition, establishing HR policy, maintaining compliance, managing onboarding, and so much more.
What’s most notable about this recruitment software is that it gives you a dedicated HR manager that relieves you of many burdens.
- Dedicated HR manager
- Provides offer letters
- Comprehensive HR audit
- Employee onboarding and terminations
- Establish, implement, and manage business policies
- No free trial
- No mobile app
- A bit slow. The dedicated HR manager may not always work with your schedule.
- 1-4 employees: $99/month*
- 5-19 employees: $199/month, $159/month when paid annually*
- 20-49 employees: $299/month, $239/month when paid annually**
- 50-500 employees: request a quote
*Includes a one-time setup fee of $500
**Includes a one-time setup fee of $1,000
Best for creating, implementing, and managing business policies
In addition to granting you access to a database of over 400 million candidate profiles, Workable posts your job vacancies to over 200 job board sites. In addition, the recruitment software has an AI that recommends candidates based on company goals.
From openings and evaluation to onboarding candidates, Workable has all you need for the entire hiring lifecycle. Without a doubt, it is one of the top recruiting software any staffing and recruitment agency can leverage to automate a great deal of their recruiting process.
- Posts to over 200 job boards
- Over 700 job opening templates
- Offers iOS and Android mobile apps so recruiters can find job applicants on the go
- AI that learns and recommends candidates suitable to your organization’s needs
- Internal referral features allow you to access and leverage your existing human capital resources.
- Email, phone, and live chat
- Branded careers page
- Integrates with several other systems for background checks and more
- GDPR and EEK/OFCCP compliant
- It is built for in-house teams, so it may not be the best for remote recruiting.
- Difficult to schedule bulk emails.
- Information from archived positions is unavailable unless you unarchive the positions.
- No single scorecard for each candidate.
- Workable pricing starts at $99/recruit/month, with the “hire as needed” plan for non-frequent hiring.
- You don’t have to pay for a subscription; instead, you pay as you use. However, you can pay for months when actively hiring.
- Free trial for 15 days
Best recruiting software for occasional hiring
Focusing on automation, Zoho Recruit features as one of the best recruiting software for its diverse list of features. Can hire for multiple positions simultaneously, receive referrals, request video interviews, and so much more.
However, this recruitment software works best when integrated with or used alongside other Zoho products. You can as well create custom integrations with Zapier.
- Creates custom careers page for your website
- Employee referrals portal where referrals come through
- Digital onboarding
- Eliminate candidates that don’t fit into your requirements
- Supports video interviews
- Offer letters
- Runs background checks and candidate screening via integration with Checkr
- The client portal allows clients to access new job listings, review candidates, and make decisions alongside hiring managers.
- Reports allow you to gain insights into future recruiting through past hiring processes.
- The myriad of functionalities can feel overwhelming
- Support could be better
- Needs more ways to visualize pipelines
- It does not deploy well on mobile
- Not very scalable
- For staffing agencies
Pricing starts at $25/user/month to $75/month
- For Corporate HR
Pricing starts at $25/recruiter/month to $50/recruiter/month
The above are annual plans. Monthly plans cost more.
Free trial up to 15 days
Best for enterprise recruiting
Many people believe recruiting software, and applicant tracking systems are synonymous, but it’s not so. While recruitment software focuses on finding applicants, applicant tracking is about moving them through the hiring process, from application and interviewing to onboarding.
If what you need is a complete hiring tracking tool, JazzHR never disappoints.
- Employer branding tools for hiring managers to maintain their organization’s uniqueness within the platform
- Customizable recruiting process
- Sends out offer letters
- Candidate sourcing
- Supports collaborative hiring with teams Electronic signature
- Automated onboarding and training
- Video interview
- Integrates well with other onboarding, HR, and performance management platforms
- Integrates with 24 top job boards, including LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, and Glassdoor.
- The UI can be a bit confusing.
- Setting up some features can be challenging, especially workflow and candidate evaluations.
- Automated batch emailing isn’t available.
- The reporting could be more robust as you currently can’t track your metrics.
JazzHR pricing has three paid plans:
- Free trial for 21 days, no credit card required
- Hero – $39 per month
- Plus – $229 per month
- Pro – $339 per month
- All plans are for unlimited users, making this an excellent recruiting software for large HR teams.
Best applicant tracking system
Ascendify offers all the tools you need to source the best talents, track applicants, hire and onboard suitable candidates, and give them the skills to move your business forward.
The software is ideal recruiting software for enterprise-level organizations. It’s so sophisticated it allows candidates to create their profiles during the hiring process.
- Recruitment marketing
- It tells you how long it may take to fill job roles, helping you become more proactive.
- Applicant tracking system designed for large-scale organizations
- Candidate management
- Onboarding tools
- Talent management for career development
- Interview scheduling
- Offer letters
- Employee referrals
- Built especially for enterprises and not SMBs
- Advanced features that some users find irrelevant or tricky to leverage
- Pricing isn’t disclosed publicly, so you’d have to request a quote
- You can also request a free demo
Runner-Up Best for enterprise recruiting
If you desire recruiting software that’s feature-rich while being easy to use, Recruiterflow is a sure bet. Recruiterflow is a top recruiting software for staffing firms and is suitable for individual hiring managers.
The software is useful for recruitment agencies that want to streamline their hiring pipeline, interact with clients, and manage candidates all in one place.
- Its in-built CRM helps you land and manage more clients efficiently.
- Automate recurring tasks to optimize busy work and free up valuable time.
- Detailed analytics
- Visual reporting
- Pipeline management
- Candidate relationship management
Although it offers unlimited recruitment marketing, it is more expensive than hot competitors like Zoho Recruit.
- Recruiter Growth’s annual plan starts at $69/user/month. The monthly plan is $89.
- The Enterprise plan starts at $99/user/month for the annual contract. In addition, the plan offers unlimited recruitment marketing campaigns, API access, and automation.
- Staffing and recruiting firms can get a free demo.
Best complete recruiting CRM for staffing firms
Any staffing and recruitment agency will find Bullhorn an incredible recruiting software for sourcing candidates to other companies. With built-in customer and candidate relationship management, applicant tracking, and invoicing, Bullhorn offers staffing firms a way to serve their clients efficiently.
After finding the best-fit candidates for your clients, you would find the onboarding process pretty straightforward.
- Email and LinkedIn integration
- Customizable workflow
- Pipeline management
- Interview management
- Job management and publishing
- Advanced Reporting that gives insight into the history and situation of your recruiting agency
- Frequent system glitches and bugs
- IT and Customer support isn’t always reliable
Bullhorn pricing is unavailable on their website. Instead, you have to request a quote. However, it has several plans to accommodate both small and enterprise organizations.
Best for staffing and recruiting agencies
Recooty is one of the — if not the most — most straightforward recruiting tools available today. Even when you’re using it for the first time, Recooty makes you feel like a pro recruiter. It’s that easy to use, which is probably what makes it the best recruiting tool for small businesses.
- Recooty helps you publish job postings on job boards (including the 20 most popular ones.
- A visual pipeline allows you to review applications, schedule interviews, and manage the entire hiring process in just a few clicks.
- A beautifully designed careers page makes your company appealing to highly talented persons.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to use, which means the features are limited
- Hiring departments and staffing agencies must use the ultra plan, which is relatively pricey.
- Recooty does not provide the advanced features large scale organizations need
- The pipeline is not customizable.
- Basic plan is free for three active jobs.
- Recooty Pro costs 29/month for single users, up to 10 active jobs.
- Ultra tier costs $49/user/month and is designed for hiring departments.
Best for Small Businesses
As one of the best recruiting tools for small businesses, BambooHR offers an applicant tracking system and onboarding features. It helps you track suitable candidates to whom you can then send offer letters.
- Creates a custom careers page for the website
- Posts job ads on platforms including LinkedIn and Craigslist.
- Social media sharing tools that simplify posting across your social media platforms
- Reporting tools that show you how candidates heard about the job posting
- Auditing tools for tracking changes to employee profiles
- Tidy user interface that tech-savvy, professional recruiters will find incredibly useful.
- Reporting isn’t user-friendly
- The Mobile version isn’t very smooth
- Not very customizable
- It doesn’t integrate well with other platforms
- The time tracking can do with some improvement.
BambooHR starts at $99 per month for up to 12 employees. Additional employees are charged $8.25 per month.
Best for SMBs
What is recruiting software?
Recruiting software is a specialized HR software that explicitly handles the hiring process, from posting jobs and interviewing job applicants to onboarding. The focus is to streamline the entire hiring process, sometimes through automation.
By removing the tedious work of sifting through hundreds of resumes, recruiting tools makes it easier to find qualified job seekers faster with less effort.
It’s worthy to note that most HR software vendors design recruiting tools, but not every HR tool is particularly great for recruiting. That’s because human capital management comprises several processes, and some tools focus on specific aspects. So the best HR solution may not ideally be the best recruiting software.
Recruiting software was once only popular among staffing agencies. But due to rapid growth, it’s now almost a standard tool any company can use to streamline its processes.
Recruiting software features
As with any other solution, every recruiting tool comes with an impressive list of features. It’s rare to find two hiring tools that offer precisely the same things the same way. However, the typical features to look out for in any recruiting software include:
- Applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Posting to multiple job boards
- Recruitment marketing
- Reporting and analytics
- Talent acquisition and screening
- Workforce management
Benefits of recruiting software solutions
One of the foremost benefits of recruiting software is that it saves time. This it does by handling — or automating — time-consuming hiring tasks, such as sourcing candidates and resumes, posting to several job boards, etc.
Improves recruiter’s productivity
Recruiting software reduces the workload for hiring professionals and staffing agencies while helping them source better talents quickly. Whether through automation or assistance, this leads to improved efficiency and productivity, which every organization desires.
Allows for streamlined data collection from candidates
Recruiting software will enable you to gain helpful information, such as how many candidates checked out your job openings and applied. Such valuable data can be harnessed to improve your recruitment in the future.
It helps create attractive job openings
If you’re not an incredible writer, then your recruitment marketing may suffer as you may not be able to entice qualified talents with words. Recruiting software helps you achieve that.
While you sleep or engage in other casual activities, your recruiting software can continue your job search through scheduled posts, etc.
Other benefits include:
- Improve communication and collaboration during the recruiting process
- Improving a business’s sourcing strategies
- Higher social reach
What does recruiting software do?
From candidate sourcing to onboarding and everything in between, Recruiting software virtually handles the entire recruitment process. Recruitment solutions aim to optimize employment by finding and attracting right-fit candidates, posting job boards, screening resumes, and sending out offer letters.
Although recruiting software is sometimes called an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), they’re not the same.
How do I choose good recruitment software?
With so many vendors, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But it’s all about prioritizing your organization’s hiring requirements and finding recruiting software that meets them. More often than not, you may need to use multiple recruiting tools collaboratively or integrate one with other solutions.
Also, you want to look at whether the software is designed for in-house teams or staffing agencies. For example, if you’re a recruitment firm, you’d want to go for the latter.
Another thing to look at is price. If you’re a small business or startup and your hires are infrequent, cheap, or even free recruiting software wouldn’t be a bad idea. Although they may have limited functionality, you can later scale as you grow.
What is the best recruiting tool?
Ideally, there is no one “best recruiting tool.” While one tool may be best for staffing agencies, it may not be best for the hiring system. However, it’s safe to say that the following are the best recruiting software from our assessment:
We hope you enjoyed this article. If so, you might enjoy these resources:
- 14 Best Free HR Software for Startups
- 10 Best HR Software for Small Business
- 13 Best Marketing Project Management Software Tools
- 11 Best Project Management Software for Nonprofits
- 9 Best HR Software for Nonprofits
- 10 Best Candidate Assessment Tools You Can Trust
- 13 Best Project Management Tools for Startups