*Disclosure: We earn commissions if you shop through the links below. Commissions do not affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations.
Virtual mailbox is essential for individuals, digital nomads, travelers, and business owners. This digital mail service can keep your postal mail and packages accessible and safe, offering more than just mail scanning services.
A virtual mailbox company will provide you with a real physical mailing address to receive incoming mail and packages for a monthly fee and even offer mail handling, scanning mail packages, managing your mail, and forwarding mail anywhere.
In this article, we will discover virtual mailboxes, how virtual mailboxes work, how much a virtual mailbox costs, and the best virtual mailbox companies.
Best Virtual Mailboxes & Virtual Business Addresses
- Anytime Mailbox
- Northwest Registered Agent
- Traveling Mailbox
- PostScan Mail
- Alliance Virtual Offices
- Earth Class Mail
- Virtual Post Mail
iPostal1 is our top choice for a virtual mailbox service because it offers more addresses, provides more features, and is a great value, with plans starting at only $9.99 monthly.
With over 2,750 addresses in all 50 states and other countries, iPostal1 is the leading virtual mailbox provider worldwide. Great for business or personal use.
- Your new virtual mailbox address is a real-street address where mail and packages are received and stored securely.
- You see the outside image of every mail item received.
- With a few clicks, you can request to open and scan mail content, forward, shred, discard, store, or pick up.
- Scanned mail content is delivered as a high-quality PDF to your digital mailbox.
- Their digital mailbox service shows real-time shipping prices for all U.S. locations so you can pick the best option to meet your needs and budget.
- If you prefer an address at a prestigious office building or coworking space, iPostal1 offers those, too.
- There is a wide network (locally and worldwide) of addresses to choose from.
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Free mail storage for 30 days
- Five recipients for personal accounts and four recipients for business purposes
- Various digital mailbox locations
- Customer support is available only during business hours.
- International addresses cost much more than US addresses.
iPostal1 offers a variety of plans. But, of course, you get the convenience of virtual mail services with any plan.
- Green, $9.99/mo OR $99/yr
- Blue, $14.99/mo OR $149/yr
- Silver, $24.99/mo OR $249/yr
- Gold, $39.99/mo OR $399/yr
- You can pay with a credit card or with PayPal.
*Best virtual mailbox provider overall.
Anytime Mailbox is one of the world’s leading virtual mailbox services that should meet all your needs. They offer standard features, such as mail scanning, recycling and shredding, and mail and package forwarding services.
The virtual mail service offers unlimited online and physical storage for 14-30 days. In addition, some locations have “Check deposit” options.
- Over 2,000 US and international locations with real street addresses.
- Anytime Mailbox provides an easy-to-use online dashboard to manage your virtual mailbox from anywhere. You can view your mail, track packages, and manage your account settings from one place.
- They have a network of mailbox locations in cities in the US and worldwide, including New York, California, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Colorado, and more.
- Anytime Mailbox provides secure storage for your incoming mail and packages. You can store your mail and packages with Anytime Mailbox for as long as you need and access them online anytime.
- Anytime Mailbox also offers a mobile app to manage your virtual mailbox.
- Real street addresses in the US and worldwide
- Unlimited online storage
- Real street addresses start at $6 per month.
- The only service provider to help operators of mail centers become service providers of digital mailboxes.
- Some addresses don’t offer the unlimited packages (not suitable for enterprises)
- Not all addresses offer check deposits and local pickup.
Anytime Mailbox Pricing
Anytime Mailbox is considered one of the cheapest virtual mailbox services. However, the company doesn’t offer plans. Their monthly fees start from $5.99/month, depending on your chosen location.
*Best for freelancers, digital nomads, online shoppers, and people looking for international locations.
Northwest Registered Agent is a US virtual business address provider and offers virtual office services. The company offers registered agent services, mail forwarding services, and a virtual phone line for your business. With this service, you will receive a unique suite number for your company, unlimited mail service, a lease agreement, and phone service.
Virtual business addresses from Northwest Registered Agent are available in these states: California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Montana, New York, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
- With Northwest Registered Agent’s virtual address service, you get a professional business address for your business correspondence.
- You get a real physical address as your official business address.
- View and manage documents online, providing a secure and private way to access your business documents.
- You will receive a unique suite number for your company.
- Northwest Registered Agent also provides full-service business formation packages to establish your business in any US state.
- Amazon address verification.
- Physical address in a real commercial building.
- Phone Service is included in your package.
- Same-day digital scanning.
- Physical forwarding is available.
- Virtual addresses are only available in the mentioned states.
Northwest Registered Agent Pricing
- Virtual business addresses from NorthWest Registered Agent start from $29 per month.
*Best for small businesses and solopreneurs who require a business address to incorporate.
Incfile has been in business for over a decade and offers the lowest cost of LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp, and Non-Profit Incorporation Services, starting at $0 plus state fees. Since launching in 2004, Incfile has helped more than 250,000 businesses get off the ground.
Using a virtual address from Incfile can enhance your business’s credibility by providing an official address, even if you operate from home. It can also help maintain privacy, as your home address doesn’t need to be publicly associated with your business.
- Incfile offers virtual mailboxes in 49 states in the US.
- Incfile’s virtual address service gives you a professional business address for your business mail.
- Incfile can receive incoming mail on your behalf and forward it to an address of your choosing.
- Incfile can also scan your mail and upload it to your online dashboard, allowing you to view it from anywhere.
- Setting up the Incfile virtual address service is quick and easy. Once you sign up for the service, you’ll receive your new address and can use it immediately.
- A low fixed price for all addresses regardless of the mail volume.
- Mail scanning for all correspondence.
- Any bank checks, credit or debit cards will be mail forwarded (via USPS) to the contact address on file.
- Incfile’s virtual address service is also available for non-U.S. resident businesses.
- No packages are accepted, only letters and large envelopes.
- No international addresses.
- $29 per month – with unlimited mail scanning.
*Best for small businesses, digital nomads, and solopreneurs who deal with small amounts of mail and are looking for international access to their mail.
Traveling Mailbox is a virtual mail address service offering a mail forwarding service and a digital mailbox address to scan and manage your postal mail online. In addition, they offer various service levels, such as incoming envelope full-page scans and recipients.
Traveling Mailbox offers a feature called ScanPak; here is how it works: they send a prepaid envelope to you, so you can fill it with all the papers that are lying around, but you don’t want to lose, like your business cards, notes, and so one. Then, after you return this envelope to them, they will scan everything you sent and upload it for you – all within 24 hours of receiving it.
- Like other digital mailbox services, you get a real street address instead of a P.O. box for your mail scanning services here.
- You can view your mail online from anywhere and choose whether to have it opened, scanned, forwarded, or shredded.
- Traveling Mailbox offers a digital signature service that allows you to sign and send documents online.
- Traveling Mailbox allows you to deposit checks remotely using their check deposit service. You can scan the check using the Traveling Mailbox app, and they will deposit it into your designated bank account.
- Traveling Mailbox provides secure storage for your mail and packages.
- Free mail shredding for all plans.
- Junk mail is not counted even if you received lots of them.
- Unlimited cloud storage.
- Free mail and package consolidation.
- Check deposit.
- The sorting facility is available only in some selected locations, not all of them.
- Fewer addresses and locations compared to iPostal1 and Anytime Mailbox.
Traveling Mailbox Pricing
*All plans include Junk mail filtering and free mail shredding.
- Basic Plan: $15/mo
- Extended Plan: $25/mo
- Small Business Plan: $55/mo
*Best for third-party integrations and people who receive a large amount of junk mail they don’t wish to receive directly at home.
PostScan Mail is one of the best virtual mailboxes that allows you to view and manage your incoming mail online. Email and push notifications are sent instantaneously, so you’ll never miss a vital mail delivery again.
PostScan Mail offers unlimited cloud storage for all of your scanned content. You can also walk into their locations to pick up your packages. In addition, you can choose from hundreds of locations all over the US and globally, such as California, Florida, New York, Arizona, Texas, Canada, the UK, and many others.
- You can view your mail online from anywhere and choose whether to have it opened, scanned, forwarded, or shredded.
- They also accept packages on your behalf, and you can have them forwarded to your virtual mail address.
- If you receive mail you don’t need or want, PostScan Mail can shred it.
- They also offer an online notary service required when applying for a virtual mailbox service.
- Real mailing address for individuals and businesses in the US and worldwide
- Unlimited recycling of junk mail
- Mail and package consolidation
- Mail recipients are available for individual and business accounts.
PostScan Mail Pricing
*All plans include unlimited cloud storage and unlimited recycling of junk mail.
- Starter, $10/mo
- Standard, $20/mo
- Premium, $30/mo
*Best for mail and package forwarding.
Alliance Virtual Offices is a virtual business address that is highly affordable, with 40+ countries to choose your address (US, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Netherlands, and UK).
Alliance provides recognized virtual business addresses, mail handling, mail forwarding, office space, meeting room space, live receptionist services, business phone numbers, and a virtual phone system.
A virtual business address through Alliance is used for other functions besides mail. For example, one of the enormous benefits of using an address at a recognized commercial building rather than a PO box is that you can use it on business license applications, credit agreements, entity formation, and other purposes.
- You can get a professional business address in a prime location.
- You can receive mail and other documents at a secure, private mailbox address.
- Alliance Virtual Offices provides mail and package handling services, which means you can have your mail delivered to your virtual mailing address and forwarded to you wherever you are.
- You can manage your virtual mailbox account online. This includes viewing and managing your mail and package deliveries, scheduling conference room reservations, and accessing your live receptionist service.
- AVO offers more than 1200+ locations worldwide.
- A local or toll-free number is included in the virtual office plan.
- Flexible service agreements for workspaces.
- Alliance offers live receptionist plans at a reasonable price and without setup fees.
- Forwarding mail is not included in the virtual office package, and you must pay additional fees.
- Their various services are not included in one plan, and having multiple plans can be costly.
Alliance Virtual Offices Pricing
- Virtual business addresses monthly fees start from $49 per month.
*Best for small businesses and entrepreneurs looking for more professional virtual office solutions.
8) Earth Class Mail
Earth Class Mail offers online postal mailboxes and mail forwarding services. It’s suitable for businesses of all sizes looking for an alternative to the traditional post office box. They offer mail scanning, mail forwarding, and secure mail shredding features.
- Earth Class Mail owns locations in 30 US States.
- They integrate check deposits with QuickBooks Online and easily record payments.
- It can also integrate with other apps and services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Salesforce.
- Users can request that their mail be scanned and sent to them digitally or forwarded to a physical address of their choice.
- They offer CheckStream, which can automate your check deposits to save time and improve your workflow. After receiving them, you can give them directions on how to deposit these checks.
- Two mail recipients.
- Free secured shredding services
- Mail storage is free for up to 30 days and unlimited cloud storage.
- Check deposits.
- Pricing is higher compared to other virtual mailbox providers.
- There are only 30 US addresses (30 states) to choose from and no international locations.
*All plans offer 30 days of physical mail storage and free mail shredding services.
- Starter Mailbox $29/month.
- Essential Mailbox $39/month
- Premium Mailbox $79/month
Unfortunately, Earth Class Mail virtual mailing addresses are available only in the US and don’t have locations outside the United States.
*Best for those looking for real street addresses in the US and don’t need to handle packages.
9) Virtual Post Mail
Virtual Post Mail gives you a permanent street address to use as your online postal mailbox, and you get any package sent to this address.
Virtual Post Mail makes it easy for anyone to receive your goods and services delivered to you anywhere. That is especially useful for ex-pats outside the US who can’t get their products from U.S. retailers that don’t ship outside the country because they will get whatever they want to live without worrying whether the retailer ships outside of the US.
- They offer unlimited digital storage and free 60-day physical mail storage.
- Free smart address tags.
- They offer a mail scanning and archiving service, which allows users to have their mail scanned and archived for future reference.
- Check deposit service, which costs $10 per deposit.
- No Contracts
- No Setup Fees
- No Cancellation Fees
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Only a few locations in the US to choose from.
- No international locations
- Starter, $20 per month
*Best for digital nomads and online businesses looking for a mailing address in the US only.
Other Digital Mailbox Services
US Global Mail
US Global Mail is an established company in the U.S. used by thousands of travelers and businesses. Their great reputations showcase their ability to provide ex-pats and businesses with high-quality mail service that you can trust.
- US Global Mail provides users with a physical address in the United States, which can be used for shipping and mailing purposes.
- It can integrate with other apps and services like Dropbox and Google Drive.
- All mail is scanned in a secure facility, and users can require a signature upon delivery.
- US Global Mail offers a check depositing service, allowing users to deposit checks remotely by sending a scanned image to US Global Mail.
- Affordable plans, with most plans starting from $10 monthly.
- Package consolidation is available.
- No limit to incoming mail.
- There are only a few addresses in the US to choose from.
- No free mail scanning
- Cloud storage is free for a limited time only.
US Global Mail Pricing
- Basic: $14.99 billed monthly OR $9.95/mo billed annually.
*All plans include a check deposit and free mail package storage for a limited time.
However, even though the service is one of the cheapest virtual mailbox companies you can find, not to mention they only offer one location in Houston, Texas, which is worth considering when comparing virtual mailbox providers.
USA2me is a virtual mailbox service that provides users with a physical shipping address that they can use to receive their mail and packages.
Their mailbox service is pretty simple to use. You start by signing up for their service, and USA2me will provide you with a physical address in the USA. You can then use this physical mailing address to receive your mail, purchases, and packages.
- USA2me offers multiple addresses in different states and cities in the United States.
- They can receive mail and packages on behalf of customers and forward them to their addresses anywhere in the world.
- USA2me can be a personal shopper for customers who want to purchase products from U.S.-based online stores but can’t receive them directly.
- USA2me also offers virtual office services, including virtual phone numbers, fax, and email services.
- Offers US addresses at affordable prices.
- Easy to use their interface.
- Free package consolidation.
- Assisted shopping services for international shoppers.
- No Android or iOS apps.
- Only a couple of US addresses are available (Houston, Texas)
- Basic (No monthly fee): $23 one-time setup fee.
- Standard ($10/month) $15 one-time setup fee.
- Premium ($35/month) $15 one-time setup fee.
- Ultimate ($60/month) $15 one-time setup fee, the storage-free period is 90 days.
PhysicalAddress.com is a cloud-based virtual mailbox and virtual mailing address service provider. You can access your mail across your computer, mobile, and tablet devices. In addition, they provide iOS and Android apps.
- PhysicalAddress can receive mail on behalf of its customers and then forward it to their preferred address, whether in the U.S. or overseas.
- Customers can choose their preferred shipping method and track their packages online.
- You can store mail and packages for up to 30 days for free.
- They also offer a virtual office service in some selected locations in the U.S.
- Pricing is lower than some other providers.
- Free Digital Storage
- No Contract
- Free Shredding
- Low numbers of locations across the US compared to other providers.
- Pricing varies based on your chosen location.
- Plan 30: $7.98/mo
*All plans include Free local pickup, Free registered agent, Free secure shredding, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What is a Virtual Mailbox?
A virtual mailbox service provides individuals, digital nomads, freelancers, and business owners with a real street address to manage their incoming mail. A digital mailbox enables individuals and corporations to improve receiving mail and packages globally. For example, if you are a frequent traveler or your business is outside the US. You need a virtual address to view and manage your postal mail online.
A virtual mailbox address gives you a more prestigious address in a big city. It will also give you an anonymous mailbox to keep your personal address safe.
What is the Difference Between a Virtual Mailbox and a P.O. Box?
- You have to pick up your mail with a PO box.
- Business owners can’t register their business with a PO Box address.
- Banks don’t accept PO Box addresses.
- You can’t receive packages from third-party couriers like FedEx using a PO box.
- Individual government institutions don’t accept PO Box addresses as your business address in their paperwork.
- A virtual mailbox protects your privacy; no one knows your home address.
What is the Best Virtual Mailbox Service?
iPostal1 is our top choice for a virtual mailbox service because it offers more addresses, provides more features, and is a great value, with plans starting at $9.99 monthly.
What is the Best Virtual Mailbox for Small Businesses?
The best virtual mailbox for business is iPostal1, which costs only $9.99 monthly if you are not considering a Registered Agent Service option. However, if you need a Registered Agent Service, consider Incfile, which costs $29 monthly. they offer fantastic packages for small businesses.
What is the Best Free Virtual Mailbox Service?
Planet Express offers a virtual mailing address in the US with its free plan. They have addresses in California, Oregon, and the UK. It is the best option for businesses that mail a lot of packages. Of course, you can’t forward mail or packages for free, but you can have a virtual mail address in the US or UK with ten days of free storage.
How Does a Virtual Mailbox Work?
Virtual mailboxes provide you with a professional permanent mailing address. The mail arrives at the virtual mail service provider facility, scans the envelopes, and then uploads them to keep track of your correspondence. You can also choose to shred or recycle your mail.
Some virtual mailbox providers offer a PO box address, while others provide a real physical street address, which is often required for many banks and official government correspondence.
How Much Does a Virtual Mailbox Cost?
Virtual mailboxes like iPostal1, Anytime Mailbox, and PostScan Mail charge fees ranging from $5.99 to $30 monthly. It depends on your chosen physical address location and your preferred extra services.
Are Virtual Mailboxes Legal?
Yes. Virtual mailboxes are legal and registered Commercial Mail Receiving Agencies (CMRA) with the USPS.
Are Virtual Mailboxes Safe?
Yes. Virtual mailboxes are safe because companies with secured facilities by repeatable companies offer them. In addition, these companies have security methods and policies to ensure the safety and privacy of your mail and packages.
Every virtual mailbox provider in the US has to follow strict USPS guidelines, and there are consequences when they fail to keep users’ information safe.
Does USPS Offer a Virtual Mailbox?
USPS offers a virtual PO box service. However, you can’t receive shipments from other carriers with USPS, which is not a good option for businesses.
Do Banks Accept Virtual Mail Addresses?
Yes. Most banks and credit card companies allow virtual mail addresses to be used as your personal address on the account.
Can I Use a Virtual Address for My LLC?
Yes, you can use a virtual address service for your LLC. Virtual business addresses are real physical addresses; you can register your LLC or any business at that location.
Can I Use a Virtual Mailbox Address for the DUNS Number?
You need a home and business address to get your DUNS number (Data Universal Numbering System). However, that may be difficult for some business owners who don’t have a permanent residence or a commercial location.
You can rent a digital mailbox or a virtual office with a physical street address. You can use this address as your business mailing address and, at the same time, apply for a DUNS number with it.
Who Can Benefit from Virtual Mailbox?
Everyone can find one or more benefits from this service; it’s not a product that would benefit just one party.
Virtual business addresses are designed to professionally serve ambitious business owners, entrepreneurs, and businesses that seek overseas presence. Moreover, virtual addresses are ideal for business people who travel around to meet customers and partners and for industries to reduce office costs and space.
For freelancers working out of a coworking space, having a virtual mail service is a way to avoid having mail delivered to their home addresses. That is helpful for those business owners who don’t get reliable mail service or package delivery at home.
Frequent traveler? Modern life often means moving around. Whether for work, living, or vacations, stay updated on your mail with virtual mailing address services, no matter where you are.
In conclusion, virtual mailbox services offer a versatile and efficient solution for modern mail management needs. Whether you’re a digital nomad, a small business owner, or simply looking to streamline your mail handling, these services provide a convenient way to access, manage, and secure your physical mail in a digital world. With various options available, it’s essential to consider your specific requirements and budget when choosing the right virtual mailbox service for you. Embrace the convenience, security, and flexibility of virtual mailboxes, and take control of your postal mail like never before.
We hope you enjoyed this article. If so, you might enjoy these resources: