In today’s fast-paced and interconnected world, the need for efficient mail forwarding has never been more essential. Whether you’re a frequent traveler, a digital nomad, a business owner expanding your reach, or simply someone seeking a more organized approach to handling your postal mail, this article is your gateway to discovering top-notch mail forwarding solutions.
Mail forwarding services have evolved to meet the demands of modern life, offering a wide range of features and benefits. They empower individuals and businesses to manage their postal mail and packages with flexibility and convenience, regardless of their location.
This article will delve into the leading mail forwarding services available today. Whether you’re looking for a virtual mailbox to digitize your mail, a reliable way to receive packages internationally, or an efficient solution to streamline your business mail, we’ve got you covered.
Best 7 Mail Forwarding Services and Companies
- Anytime Mailbox
- Traveling Mailbox
- PostScan Mail
- Virtual Post Mail
- Earth Class Mail
- US Global Mail
iPostal1, with over 2,700 addresses in all 50 states and other countries, is the leading virtual mailbox provider worldwide. You can forward mail and packages to any address and see real-time shipping prices from multiple carriers to choose the level of service that best meets your needs and budget.
You’ll love how easy it is to view and manage your mail from anywhere with a free app or laptop.
- Your new virtual mailbox address is a real street address where mail or packages are received and stored securely.
- You see the outside image of every mail item received.
- Request to open and scan mail content, forward, shred, discard, store, or pick up.
- Scanned mail content is delivered as a high-quality PDF to your digital mailbox.
iPostal1 pricing starts at $9.99 per month.
Anytime Mailbox is one of the world’s leading mailbox forwarding services designed to enable businesses and individuals to manage their postal mail online. With Anytime Mailbox, users can select from over 1880 virtual addresses located in different cities worldwide and have their mail delivered to their chosen address.
- Real street addresses.
- Mail and package forwarding.
- 1884 mailbox forwarding addresses in most major cities, including New York, Chicago, California, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Georgia, Colorado, Utah, Virginia, Texas, and more.
- Open and scan mail with high-quality PDFs.
- Check deposit services for some locations.
Anytime Mailbox is considered one of the cheapest mailbox forwarding services. They have different locations with different prices starting from $5.99 per month.
Traveling Mailbox is a virtual mailbox service that will receive your postal mail and packages. Then, they will scan the envelopes and upload them to your online mailbox. You have the option of telling them whether to open it, scan it, and upload it as a PDF, hold it for when you get back, shred it securely, or – if you don’t want anyone looking into the contents of your mail for one reason or another – have them forward the mail to you.
- Free mail shredding and Junk mail filtering.
- Check deposit service is available.
- A range of storage options, so you can choose the plan that best fits your needs.
- A mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
Traveling mailbox offers security, flexibility, and simplicity. They guarantee no one will open your envelope until you tell them to, and no setup is required.
Their Basic plan starts at $15 per month; you can change plans anytime.
PostScan Mail offers 24/7 online access to your postal mail, no matter your mailing address. Your mail and packages arrive at secure mail facilities, and then mail items are scanned and uploaded to your virtual mailbox.
- You get instant notifications with any new mail, making this service great for business owners, travelers, expats, or digital nomads.
- Free physical mail storage for 14 days from your package’s arrival and a unique mail forwarding service that delivers to your doorstep.
- The mailbox forwarding service is responsive and works great on mobile devices and tablets.
- You can choose from hundreds of locations all over the US and globally, such as California, Florida, New York, Arizona, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, Oregon, Atlanta, Virginia, and many others.
PostScan Mail pricing starts at $10 per month. All plans include remote mail management, local and international mail forwarding service, mail & package storage, complete shredding and recycling, and online archiving.
Virtual Post Mail
Virtual Post Mail offers the ability to receive your mail without relying on family or friends. In addition, the mailbox forwarding service gives its users a permanent mailing address that they can use for their bank accounts, checks, tax authorities, etc.
- Physical mailing address for individuals and businesses to manage their mail and packages remotely.
- They will receive your mail, open it, scan the contents, and email it to you.
- You can have your mail forwarded to any address in the world.
- Virtual Post Mail offers check depositing services.
VirtualPostMail offers limited selected locations in Los Angeles, California, Nevada, and Delaware.
Virtual Post Mail pricing starts at $20 per month.
Earth Class Mail
Earth Class Mail offers a mailbox forwarding service: They will receive your mail, which will then be opened, scanned, and emailed to you, and when you want something in hand, you can create a shipment in your account and order a package.
- Earth Class Mail gives you complete control over your packages.
- You can combine shipments, add items to pending shipments, schedule or delay forwarding, choose the method and carrier of forwarding, open and consolidate multiple items, add insurance, and track shipments.
- Receive mail and package deliveries from any carrier, including mail carriers USPS and FedEx.
- Earth Class Mail locations are available in the US only. You can choose from New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, Texas, South Carolina, South Dakota, Florida, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey, Illinois, Georgia, Arizona, Utah, and more.
Pricing starts at $29 per month. All plans include unlimited cloud storage.
US Global Mail
US Global Mail is a mailbox forwarding service. This company is relatively inexpensive but can still manage all your mail and packages when living abroad.
They will give you a unique physical address in the United States and receive your mail. They will log, scan, and email you all your essential mail quickly and effortlessly. In addition, they offer instructions on the different ways you can manage your mail.
- 25+ locations throughout the U.S.
- 45 days of Free physical mail storage
- 90 days of Free digital mail storage
- Package consolidation
- Mail shredding
Pricing starts at $14.99 monthly or $9.95 paid annually.
A mail forwarding service can provide you with a convenient and secure way to manage your mail. By understanding how mail forwarding works and what to look for in a provider, you can choose the right service that meets your needs and gives you peace of mind. So why not try a mail forwarding service and see how it can make your life easier?
What is a mail forwarding service?
A mail forwarding service is a private online mailbox service that provides businesses, travelers, ex-pats, and digital nomads with prestigious addresses to use and get mail delivered to a chosen address. According to your instructions, this mail will be collected and forwarded to your office or house, or they will scan it and email it to you.
How does mail forwarding work?
Mail forwarding service provides you with a professional mail handling service. The provider receives your mail, scans the envelopes, and then uploads them to keep track of your postal mail. You can also choose to shred or recycle your mail.
How do you choose a mail forwarding company that suits you?
We will discuss a few points that will impact your choice of service.
A real street address or a PO box?
You should know that some mail carriers like FedEx and UPS do not ship to PO Boxes. They only ship to real addresses. Therefore, a real street address is better if you are trying to use your address for residency purposes, as a PO Box can send the wrong message.
Security & Privacy
Some people don’t care who opens and scans their mail, but others care very much. It’s crucial for those who care to figure out if the company is virtual, meaning they use third parties to handle their tasks or do the opening and scanning themselves.
Some mailbox forwarding services allow repackaging multiple packages into one big package for forwarding. This is done for convenience and to save money on shipping fees.
Handling junk mail
This one is often underestimated. Of course, you want a service that automatically discards obvious junk mail or unwanted mail while going through your mail. But, on the other hand, a service that scans everything means you will quickly hit your limit of maximum scans per month, and you will end up paying more for the service.
A service that offers push notifications for new arrivals means you will not need to check their website often. If a service doesn’t notify new arrivals, you could easily forget to check their website and reply late to critical, time-sensitive mail.
Space and package storage
This is important if you want a package held for a while. Some solutions have a maximum hold time; be sure to know what it is and how much you will be charged.
A few services also don’t accept packages and only offer scanning mail.
Signature upon delivery
Do you know how some packages and snail mail require a signature upon delivery? Therefore, having a physical person at that address who can do the sign part is essential if you often receive such mail.
Some people and businesses still use physical checks. If you can’t get them to switch to an electronic payment method, consider a mail forwarding service that offers deposit checks in your bank account.
What does a mail forwarding service offer?
Mailbox Forwarding service is the middleman between your business and your clients, customers, and investors. The service will give you a virtual address, a commercial one you use as your new address.
When your investors, partners, or customers send you mail to this address, the service provider will receive it and notify you that you have mail.
You are given a couple of choices on how to handle your mail. You can have the mail sent to you or have them scan it, mail it to you, or shred it.
They also allow you to set filters to avoid getting junk mail and dropping unwanted mail.
How long does mail forwarding last?
You can schedule your forwarding between 15 and 364 days with USPS mail forwarding. However, with other forwarding mail providers, you can get your mail forwarded for over a year.
Are mail forwarding services safe?
A reputable mail forwarding service provider should provide a safe and secure service. They should use secure facilities to store mail & packages and have measures to prevent unauthorized access.
Can I use a mail forwarding service for packages?
Yes, many mail forwarding service providers also offer package forwarding services. You can have packages sent to your mail forwarding address and then have them forwarded to your chosen address.
What is the cheapest mail forwarding service?
Anytime Mailbox is considered the cheapest mail forwarding service. They have different locations with different prices starting from $5.99/month.
Can I use a mail forwarding service for international mail?
Yes, many mail forwarding services offer international forwarding services. However, checking if the service can legally forward mail to your desired destination is essential, as some countries may restrict mail forwarding.
Who might use a mail forwarding service?
Anyone who travels frequently, lives abroad, or doesn’t have a permanent address might use a mail forwarding service. It’s also commonly used by small business owners who want to maintain a professional mailing address.
We hope you enjoyed this article. If so, you might enjoy these resources: