As a new, small, or mid-sized business, renting or purchasing an office is often your most significant expense. In most cases, if you’re unable to make rent, you’re out, your business is done, and you either have to start from scratch or find ways to cut funding dramatically.
So, what if we told you that you could work remotely but have all the benefits of a regular office for a fraction of the cost? That would allow you to seem equally professional as your competitors and still have a physical address to which your business mail can be delivered.
This article will discuss virtual office solutions, beginning with what they are, a round-up of our top picks, the advantages and disadvantages of choosing a virtual office, and more.
What is a Virtual Office?
A virtual office is a valuable service for small and medium-sized businesses or startups that need a professional office address without worrying about the costly commitment of private office space. With a virtual office, you get a professional address.
Virtual office services offer various tools, including phone numbers, answering services, live receptionists, mail forwarding, private hot desks, and customer support options.
Virtual offices are becoming increasingly popular due to the low overhead without sacrificing the key benefits of owning or renting an office space.
Many home-based businesses use a virtual business address instead of their home address with their clients, business cards, website, flyers, etc.
Best Virtual Office Providers
Okay, now that we’ve explained what a virtual office is, hopefully, you’re excited to see your available options. Below, you will find our top picks:
- Opus Virtual Offices
- Northwest Registered Agent
- Alliance virtual offices
- Allied offices
- Office evolution
We will now explain these virtual office solutions in greater detail below.
Opus Virtual Offices is the best virtual office service for beginners. They have +500 locations in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Opus’s service allows business owners to set up their virtual offices. Their services include complete mail handling, virtual phone services, and a live receptionist. Also, they can convert all your faxes and voice messages into emails.
Key features of Opus Virtual Office Services include:
- Live Receptionist Answering Calls
- Business Mailing Address
- Company Phone Number
- Company Fax Number
- Premium Call Forwarding
- Voicemail Converted to Email
- Fax Converted to Email
- Business Credit Building
Opus’s flat pricing is $99 monthly with no hidden fees or extra costs. If you signup for a year of their virtual business address, you will get one month for FREE.
Additional Services Pricing
- Call Out Feature – $10/month
- Texting Feature – $10/month
- Toll-Number – $10/month
- Audio Conferencing Bridge – $10/month
- Additional Extension(s)/Voice Box(es) – $25/month per extension
- International Call Transfer – $10/month
- Best for new business owners.
- Straightforward signup process.
- They are located in all 50 states.
Northwest Registered Agent is a US virtual address and virtual office service. The company offers a physical mail forwarding service and a virtual phone line for your business. You can choose locations, including Wyoming, Florida, Delaware, Idaho, Texas, Washington, and Montana.
Key features of Northwest Registered Agent include:
- Low-cost Virtual Office plans
- Registered Agent Service
- New Business Registration
- Same-day filings
- Yearly Business Compliance Filing
- Business Telephone Number
- Mail forwarding service
- Excellent customer service
- VoIP Business phone number
Northwest Registered Agent pricing starts at $29 for a US virtual office address. Registered agent service costs $125 per year, and VoIP for $9 per month.
$0 state fees when you sign up using this link.
Alliance Virtual Offices is a virtual address and virtual office solution with 40+ countries to choose your address (United States, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Netherlands, Canada, and UK).
Through its network of 1200+ global locations, Alliance Virtual Offices provides recognized business addresses, mail forwarding, office space, meeting space, live receptionist services, business phone numbers, and a virtual phone system.
With a virtual office plan, the mail is received by onsite receptionists and stored securely for local pickup, including the monthly fee. In addition, clients can collect mail as often as they like at no additional charge or offer various mail forwarding options.
A virtual office address through Alliance is used for other functions besides mail. For example, one of the enormous benefits of using an address at a recognized commercial building rather than a PO box is that you can use it on business license applications, credit agreements, entity formation, and other purposes.
Clients can also visit the center to work or meet clients and coworkers. Centers have receptionist staff, onsite meeting rooms, and day office booked on flexible hourly rates starting from $10 per hour.
Key features of Alliance virtual office services include:
- Locations available in most major big cities
- Mail forwarding
- Flat rates
- Friendly support
- Local or toll-number
- Dedicated live receptionist
- Telephone answering services
- Private offices and hot desks
Virtual office plans start from $49/mo.
Other services include:
- Live Receptionist service starting from $95/mo
- VoIP Business Phone Number $30/mo
- Meeting Room & Office Rental starting from $10/hour
- Co-working plans to start from $55/mo
- Choice of either a local or a toll-number
- Low-risk pricing options
- Premium business address
- Locations in 50 states and 42 countries.
- Platinum Plus plans save clients up to 75% on meeting rooms or office space usage.
iPostal1 virtual office services provide a complete business presence while working from anywhere. It is a physical location that serves as a prestigious mailing address. But what makes it unique is that it comes with a digital mailbox service, phone forwarding, voicemail services, and dedicated electronic fax. All this for a meager price beginning at $39.99 per month.
A professional business address with a digital mailbox service and a local or toll-free phone is a huge benefit, especially for home businesses. iPostal1 virtual office packages are a fraction of the cost of renting an office or getting a mail address with a live answering service at a co-working space through other providers.
The digital mailbox service is a fantastic convenience. You can view and manage mail and packages on the web or with an app, request to open and scan mail content to see a searchable PDF in your digital inbox in hours, or forward, pick up, or discard mail.
iPostal1 has over 2,500 locations at retail pack-and-ship stores and co-working spaces in professional office buildings.
Key features of iPostal1 virtual office services include:
- Professional address
- Local or toll-free phone number
- Phone forwarding with voicemail messaging
- Full digital mailbox service for mail and package handling
- Excellent Customer Service
- All locations are real street addresses, including office buildings
Virtual office plans start from $39.99/mo.
- Low-cost Virtual Office plans
- Office building addresses are available at co-working spaces
- Includes digital mailbox service plus local or toll-number
- Digital mailbox only plans are also available
- Over 2,300 locations
Sococo is an excellent virtual office solution for those operating and managing remote teams.
Key features of Sococo include:
- Choice of floor plan for your virtual office space
- Video conferencing within the platform
- Ability to share screens with others
- Real-time management
- Chat in-app or through a microphone
In addition, Sococo virtual office plans begin as low as $13.49 for a seat.
- Dedicated iOS and Android app
- The service can share multiple screens at once
- You can even choose office decor
Davinci virtual office solutions are great value for money and an excellent option for many businesses looking for a virtual office solution.
key features of Davinci include:
- A business support center
- Business address
- Mail forwarding
- Live web chat
- Live answering and call forwarding
- Voice mail management
- Day offices
- Lobby directory
- Meeting rooms with A/V equipment, reliable wi-fi, and catering options.
- High-speed internet, if required
- Ability to forward your mail
- Registered Agent
- Cost-effective, beginning at $49 per month
Allied offices (Best for Mobile)
Second, last, we have the Allied offices, virtual phone system, and office platform. The main difference between the others is the ability to run your entire business via your smartphone. This factor is becoming more and more critical in the increasingly digital world. Nonetheless.
Key features include:
- Mail and content delivery safety
- Appointment booking tool directly from your smartphone
- 24/7 access
- Live or automated receptionists
- Prices start from $44 per month
- Advanced smartphone functionality and accessibility
- Meeting spaces
- Smartphone compatible
Office evolution (Best for Entrepreneurs)
Finally, Office Evolution is often considered the best virtual office space for small and mid-sized businesses in the United States. However, what makes it so good?
Key features of Office Evolution include:
- Personal mailbox (locked) or forwarded
- 24/7 workspace access
- Access nationwide
- Proper business address
- Flexible contract
- Conference rooms
- Dedicated support team
- Private office options
Most Virtual Offices Asked Questions:
What type of services comes with the virtual office?
A virtual office provides businesses with a physical address and office-related services without a long lease and administrative staff overhead. A virtual office allows employees to work from anywhere but still have a corporate mailing address, a live receptionist answering calls, meeting rooms, mail forwarding, and coworking spaces.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a virtual office?
Virtual office advantages:
- Save money
- Obtain a professional business address
- Work remotely
- Professional mail and phone services
- Protect your home address
Virtual office disadvantages:
- Working remotely can be distracting for some people.
- No set environment
- May deteriorate human connections and social interaction.
The key advantages lie within the increased flexibility, essentially enabling you to run an office-like environment from anywhere in the world but still benefiting from a permanent mailing address and a valid phone number and phone system, allowing you to look and act professionally.
Is virtual office legal?
Yes. All virtual office services are legal, and you can use your virtual address on your articles of organization.
How much does a virtual office cost?
Virtual office costs can range from under $40 to more than $200 per month. But, of course, the more services added, the more expensive it will be.
What is the cheapest virtual office address?
The cheapest virtual office address provider is iPostal1. Their plans start at $39.99 for a business address, phone & fax number.
Can I use a virtual office for company registration?
In most cases, using a virtual office address as your business address on your Articles of Organization is acceptable. However, many states do not allow you to use a PO Box for your office address.
Can I open a bank account with a virtual office address?
Yes. Most banks and credit card companies allow virtual mail addresses to be used on the account as your personal address.
How to choose the best virtual office service?
With so many virtual office options available, it cannot be easy to know which is best for you. However, this generally comes down to a few points:
- Where is the permanent mailing address?
- How much does it cost?
- Do you receive any other benefits or commodities?
- How good is the customer service?
It would be best to ask yourself these questions before picking a service, especially about customer service. If you use virtual receptionists and others, then these need to be friendly, leaving a good impression as all customers will interact with these people.
How to get a virtual office address?
- Claim your virtual address from one of the above providers.
- Choose a physical location for your mailing address.
- Pick the right plan for your needs.
- Fill USPS 1583 form and notarize the document.
- Use your new virtual address on your articles of organization.
How to set up a virtual office service?
Setting up a virtual office may be difficult, especially if this is the first you’ve heard about them. However, it isn’t that difficult.
To begin, you need to pick an ideal virtual business address, you need to hire a virtual assistant (some virtual offices come with staff), and then you need to submit your company name and description. After that, the rest is pretty straightforward, with your chosen virtual office service walking you through the rest and ensuring the setup process is a breeze.
After signing up for your virtual business address, you can use your new business address as your company address. You can list it on your company’s documents, website, flyers, or business cards.
We hope you enjoyed this article. If so, you might enjoy these resources:
- Best Virtual Mailbox Services for Business
- Best Virtual Offices in Dubai, UAE
- Best Virtual Assistant Services in India
- Best Virtual Assistant Services in the Philippines